In the latter half of 2015, I started to accept and wrap my head around letting go of stuff and seriously start decluttering. As a consequence, my creativity and energy came back.
Here’s five ideas of what to let go of to get you started too:
- Anything you find no joy in anymore – just stash it away if you are emotionally attached to it – till you can release it.
- Anything truly ugly in your eyes now even though you adored it once or your late, great-grandmother gave it to you as a wedding present. Take a picture.
- Anything that doesn’t represent who you are to yourself today. It just doesn’t fit your style or stage of life anymore. Stay authentic to your new self as you evolve.
- Anything outdated like that boombox or cd walkman or even projects you know you will never really finish because the passion for it is just gone.
- Anything broken, unless you love it and can repurpose, re-use it or re-build it.
It’s ok to leave a wall, a corner or a part of your floor, blank. It allows your imagination to spin and keep you open.