I’m back. I feel my groove. I got the burn going on. And all because I started training with J again today. I went back to her for five good and simple reasons:
1) I was getting flabby. At my age, a few weeks of time away from weightlifting or resistance training are quickly and unfavorably noticeable.
2) I am not, on my own, motivated, willing or disciplined enough to work out and put myself through pain – for any gain.
3) I missed her terribly. She had become a confidante, a kindred spirit and a trusted fellow sister. I look forward to our time together more than the actual exercise or I wouldn’t go at all.
4) I get results. Consistency and proper form is extremely important to her. The Quality of my silhouette while performing matters more than the quantity of my repetitions. I learn how to not hurt myself and retrain my body’s posture. I was starting to hunch forward again and I need the reminders.
5) Training with J helps me feel confident, capable and strong.
We have many aspects to our health – Mind, Body, Spirit.
When it comes to the body, I know for me, I need four areas of attention: the walking/aerobic exercise, the whole organic nutrition, stretching and the resistance/weight training. All of these in combination make for a happy, healthy Cecilia.
Thank you J, my walking buddies and everyone that cheerfully applauds, prays, stimulates and roots for my finest health!