On March 12, I felt it was good to review a list of 12 ways to recognize if you are on a spiritual path that I found on the internet called The 12 Symptoms of Spiritual Awakening:
- An increased tendency to let things happen rather than make them happen.
- Frequent attacks of smiling.
- Feelings of being connected with others and nature.
- Frequent overwhelming episodes of appreciation.
- A tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than from fears based on past experience.
- An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment.
- A loss of ability to worry.
- A loss of interest in conflict.
- A loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others.
- A loss of interest in judging others.
- A loss of interest in judging self.
- Gaining the ability to love without expecting anything in return.
I seem to have much to work on but this is a great measuring stick of my spiritual fitness. Some of these traits are seldom in my repertoire of behavior or thought system and some are second nature now. It is progress. I need to remember it is a process.
What can you relate to and/or need to work on?