Well, it is official. You CAN gain weight over the holidays! Gratefully, my daughter has led the way to ‘detox city’ and I stocked up on juices, fruits and veggies. I just need to lay off the sweets, starches and oils. Gosh, don’t we all? Mañana? Isn’t that the traditional day of reckoning?
Here are my top ten resolutions for 2014 – I suggest you make your own anytime this week just so you can see the direction you want your life to take, just so you can put it into black and white, just so you have something to refer to when you want to remember. However simple or daunting – they become a reference point. It is not the only day of the year to re-evaluate and set intentions but it is a fine day to start or continue your inward/outward journey to self.
Action #1 – First of all – I am copy/pasting this into Word and printing it out and will place it over my desk, keep a copy in my car, purse and tape it on my vanity mirror.
To be the best Cecilia I can become to the best of my ability.
To commit to self-discipline.
To have extraordinary compassion and gratitude at all times for all of life and its creatures.
To have the courage to change when my attitude or perspective needs altering.
To live the Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi.
To keep my intentions close and at hand, ever reminding me of integrity.
To write, to exercise, to eat healthy, express my love freely, listen deeply and to be of service, gracefully.
To forgive readily, think non-judgmentally and speak thoughtfully.
To communicate from my highest self with clarity and kindness.
To love unabashedly, comprehending from the heart.
Prayer of St. Francis
- Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace;
- Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
- Where there is injury, pardon;
- Where there is error, truth;
- Where there is doubt, faith;
- Where there is despair, hope;
- Where there is darkness, light;
- And where there is sadness, joy.
- O Divine Master, Grant that I may not so much seek
- To be consoled as to console;
- To be understood as to understand;
- To be loved as to love.
- For it is in giving that we receive;
- It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
- And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
- Happy New Year and May 2014 be full of joy, prosperity, love and awareness!